3 hrs 35 mins
3 hrs 15 mins
Member #610488's Note:
This recipe is from the kitchen of the winery, Herdade do Esporão, located in Reguengos de Monsaraz, Alentejo, Portugal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place ribs in a roasting pan and rub with pepper paste, coating completely. Cover with plastic wrap; chill overnight.
- 2Let ribs come to room temperature. Uncover pan and season ribs with black pepper. Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake until ribs are tender, about 2 hours.
- 3Remove from oven and increase oven to 425 degrees F. Transfer ribs to a baking sheet. Scrape red pepper paste from ribs and transfer to a bowl.
- 4Pour half the drippings from pan over paste and whisk until smooth. Add potatoes to roasting pan. Toss with remaining drippings and season with black pepper. Place ribs over potatoes. Brush paste mixture over ribs.
- 5Return to oven. Bake, uncovered, until ribs and potatoes are tender, about 1 hour more. Remove pan and heat oven broiler.
- 6Broil until ribs are slightly charred, 3–4 minutes. Transfer ribs to a cutting board. Let rest until cool enough to handle, then slice into individual ribs. Transfer potatoes to a large serving platter and place ribs over top.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Entrecosto No Forno (Braised Spareribs and Potatoes)
Serving Size: 1 (729 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2200.8
- Calories from Fat 1440
- Total Fat 160.0 g
- Saturated Fat 51.4 g
- Cholesterol 545.2 mg
- Sodium 575.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 112.6 g