1/2 Photos of Entenmann's Pound Cake
1 hr 15 mins
1 hr 5 mins
I have divine childhood memories of Entenmann's pound cake, which my mother rarely buy since she would usually bake her own. I found this recipe on a copycat site, and never ever thought of using powdered sugar before.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2Spray an 8-1/2 inch Pyrex loaf dish with Pam.
- 3Cream the butter with the powdered sugar on high speed of mixer for 5 minutes.
- 4Add 1 egg and then a little flour, beating 2 minutes.
- 5Add 2nd egg and half of remaining flour and beat 2 minutes.
- 6Add 3rd egg, the rest of the flour and the extract, beating 2 minutes.
- 7Spread thick and creamy batter evenly in prepared loaf dish.
- 8Bake 65 minutes or until tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- 9Cool in the baking dish on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- 10Remove from the dish.
- 11Slice into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- 12If you are going to be freezing the cake, be sure to slice before freezing the loaf.
- 13Thaw to use within 6 months.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Entenmann's Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.6
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 104.6 mg
- Sodium 184.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 23.6 g
- Protein 4.2 g