Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Ensure or Boost give everyday pancakes more protein. Be sure to top it with butter or peanut butter for added calories.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup powdered milk
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (if the patients stomach can handle it)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups vanilla ensure, plus
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄3 cup apples or 1⁄3 cup banana, finely chopped
- In a large bowl mix dry ingredients.
- In another bowl mix remaining ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry just till mixed.
- Fry on a heated buttered griddle flipping when bubbles pop.
These were very tasty. An ingenious way to get more protein into the meal. Thoroughly enjoyed our pancake lunch.