Recipe by CyndiCB
Found this recipe in The Sizzling Southwestern Cookbook. I love black bean and thought this recipe sounded pretty good.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups black beans, cooked
- 1 tablespoon chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, squeeze through garlic press
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 large lime, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a skillet and saute the onions until limp. Add black beans and mash with a potato masher until smooth. Add the rest of the ingredients except the cheese and lime juice and simmer until heated through.
- Place beans in a shallow bowl. Sprinkle with lime juice, then sprinkle the cheese over the top.