Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adapted from Pan American's Complete Round the World Cookbook. Prep time does not include chilling time.
- 473.18 ml canned garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed (chickpeas)
- 226.79 g cream cheese, diced
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml lemon juice
- 4.92 ml salt (or to taste)
- 2.46 ml ground coriander (NOT cilantro)
- lettuce, for serving
- 3 hardboiled egg, peeled and quartered (for garnish)
- Combine beans, cream cheese and onions in a bowl.
- Mix oil, lemon juice, salt and coriander.
- Pour over bean mixture.
- Toss lightly and chill.
- Serve on lettuce leaves and garnish with egg quarters.