Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
SPANISH TAPAS RECIPE: This recipe is from an old newspaper clipping which said the recipe is from a tasca (tapas bar) in Madrid, Espana and is featured in many tapas bar throughout Spain.
- 4 medium oranges, peeled
- 1 red onion, sliced thinly
- 29.58 ml raspberry vinegar or 29.58 ml tarragon vinegar
- 88.74 ml olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 59.16 ml sultana raisins, soaked in hot water for 30 minutes and then drained
- 20 black olives, pitted and sliced into quarters
- 29.58 ml sunflower seeds (sunflower seeds without shell)
- 29.58 ml almonds, blanched and chopped fine
- 1 sprig fresh parsley (garnish)
- Remove the white pith from the oranges and cut the fruit crosswise into 1/4 inch slices. Arrange on a serving platter and scatter over the sliced red onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spoon this dressing over the onion and oranges.
- Sprinkle with the raisins, olives, sunflower seeds, and almonds. Garnish with parsley and serve chilled.
I now eat a salad daily...and young me is laughing at older me eating this. Made for ZWT#8~Spain.
This salad is surprisingly delicious. I hesitated adding the olives, but went ahead and was glad I did. What a great combination of flavors. DH polished it off. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I will definitely make it again.