Prep 1 hr 4 mins
Cook 0 mins
From "The Art of Spanish Cooking" by Betty Wason. For variation, you may add pimiento-stuffed olives, strips of bright pimiento or black olives.
- 2 oranges, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 59.16 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml red wine vinegar
- 1.23 ml salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 283.49 g salad greens or 1 head lettuce
- Marinate oranges and onion in olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper for 15 minutes to one hour.
- Add to salad greens and toss.
I used loose leaf lettuce and a Walla Walla onion from our CSA box. Depending on the season you can sub different orange varieties: cara-cara, Valencia or blood orange, for ex. I used a little bit of red onion, too for color and added some Manzanilla pimento-stuffed olives (always have those on hand.) Good and pretty and super easy! Thanks! Made for Veg Tag/August.
Wonderful flavors, and so easy! Thank's for posting! Made for WT8