Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an adaptation of a salad served at Restaurante San Andres, in La Palma, Canary Islands. It's a little bit of work but beautiful and delicious. Serve with a potato omelet (Spanish tortilla) for a muy rico Spanish meal. Recipe adapted from the book, !Delicioso! by Penelope Casas.
- 1 lb green cabbage, finely shredded
- 16 hearts of palm, cut in 1/4 inch slices
- 2 slices of sliced canned pineapple, cut in small wedges, of about 1/2 inch
- 8 slices tomatoes (thin slices)
- 8 thin green pepper rings
- 8 very thin onion rings
- 1⁄2 cup cooked corn
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, mashed to a paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together the salad dressing ingredients.
- Arrange a bed of cabbage on a platter, and over it scatter the hearts of palm, pineapple wedges, tomato slices, green pepper rings and onion rings.
- Sprinkle on the corn and shredded carrot.
- Drizzle the dressing over the composed salad and finish with the freshly ground pepper.