Be sure to suit your own tastes with the dressing using more or less mayonnaise, pickle juice, salt and pepper. I got this Venezuelan recipe from All Recipes.com to use for ZWT 2011.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 large baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 carrots, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and chopped
- 2 dill pickles, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle juice
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cooked beets, diced
- 1Place the potatoes and carrots into a large pot and fill with enough water to cover.
- 2Bring to a boil, and cook until potatoes are tender enough to pierce with a fork, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 3Drain and rinse under cold water to cool. Set aside.
- 4Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 5Add the onion; cook and stir until tender and light brown, about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- 6In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, carrots, chicken, eggs and pickles. In a separate bowl, whisk together the onion, pickle juice and mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper.
- 7Pour over the potato mixture and stir gently to coat.
- 8Adjust the amounts of mayonnaise, salt and pepper if desired.
- 9Gently stir in beets last.
- 10Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to blend flavors before serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ensalada Roja Con Pollo (Red Salad With Chicken)
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.8
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 129.6 mg
- Sodium 458.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 14.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: