Recipe by Sharon123
A recipe from Costa Rica Guide, this is delicious! I love heart of palm.
Top Review by JanuaryBride
I have a cold and I would rate it a 4 with "off" taste buds, but I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and bump it to a 5. I made mine with tomato and yellow pepper. I did add some fresh orange juice which was wonderful. THANKS for the recipenap, Veggie Swap Jan 2010.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans hearts of palm
- lettuce leaf
- 1 lime, juice of, fresh
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 large vine ripened tomatoes, chopped (optional)
- 1 red bell peppers, chopped (optional) or 1 yellow bell pepper (optional)
- mayonnaise (posted separately) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the heart of palm into small bite sized pieces and place on lettuce lined plates. Squeeze lime juice over the hearts of palm. Add a tiny dash of salt and fresh pepper.
- The optional ingredients can be added together or individually. Mayonnaise can be substituted for the lime, salt, and pepper as is common in restaurants.