Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Fresh and colorful! A great meal for a hot day, or a beautiful addition to any meal. Another Spanish favorite of mine...:-)
- Slice lettuce chiffonade style and arrange on a serving platter.
- Slice tomatoes in wedges, the onion jullienne, the cucumber in quartered slices, and the avocado in thin slices and arrange over lettuce.
- Break up tuna with a fork, and place in the center of the salad.
- Drain corn, and arrange around tuna.
- Garnish with olives.
- Serve with oil, vinegar, salt and pepper on the side, so that each person dresses their own salad.
- Other optional ingredients include pickled beets, pineapple slices, and grated carrots.
very versatile recipe, I will use it often throughout the summer. This time, left out the corn and used shredded carrots instead, used tuna in water, sliced black olives and added pickled beets. Left every thing else as called for and cut the recipe in half, still had some left to take for lunch the next day. A very nice salad for a very hot day!! and a good combination of flavours! Thanks for sharing canarygirl.
What a gorgeous salad! So full of bright colors and very appealing to the taste buds. I left out the tuna this time, only because I was already serving this with fish and thought it would be overkill. I can't wait to try it again - this is a great company salad.
This was a great addition to my Spanish themed meal- I used romaine, grape tomatoes, avocado, pickled beets, black olives, corn, diced red onion, and cucumbers. Everyone loved the chance to make their own salad. I will be doing this one again! Thanks CG