Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
In my never-ending search for great salad recipes, I came across this. I haven't tried it yet but it's on my menu. It comes from the cookbook, Some Like It Hot.
- 6 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 3 teaspoons maggi seasoning
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 8 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 head lettuce, use your favorite, torn into pieces
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup slivered onion
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and sliced
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup sliced radish
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 large avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 (4 ounce) cansliced black olives
- dill pickle slices (to garnish)
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large salad bowl and pour the dressing over; toss gently.