Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This Moosewood Restaurant recipe sidedish is a Chilean dish and very yummy.
Make and share this Ensalada de Porotos Verdes (Green Bean and Tomato Salad) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs green beans, fresh
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tomatoes, large,cut into wedges
- Wash and trim the green beans.
- Cut them diagonally into 1 1/2 inch pieces.
- Cook the bean in boiling water to cover for about 10-15 minutes, until just tender.
- Drain the beans and set them aside to cool.
- Combine the lemon juice, oil, salt and garlic.
- In a bowl combine the beans and tomato wedges.
- Toss them with the dressing.
I have made this often - it's one of those perfect summer dishes! It's even better when everything comes fresh from your own garden - one of those tastes I look forward to!
Perfect veggie dish for the fresh green beans and yellow cherry tomatoes I had from the farmer's market. I found the dressing a tad too salty, but that it easy to fix for the next time. This will certainly become a summer favorite in our house.
Haven't made this recipe recently, but I have made often in the past. Very easy and flavorful.