1/3 Photos of Ensalada De Nochebuena
Based on a recipe from the December 2009 issue of Cuisine At Home. Includes a pomegranate-lime vinaigrette. “This salad traditionally is served by many Mexican families during Christmas Eve celebrations. Try it paired with tamales for a full feast.” TIP to prep pomegranate: slice off the crown end of the fruit; score the rind around the fruit, then break the fruit apart at the score lines. Place the pieces in a large bowl of cold water, and gently roll out the arils (seeds) and the white membrane. Remove and discard the white membrane that floats to the top, then drain the arils in a strainer and they’re ready to eat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1In small bowl whisk together first five VINAIGRETTE ingredients.
- 2Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- 3In large bowl, combine SALAD ingredients.
- 4Add cilantro to the VINAIGRETTE just before tossing with the salad.
- 5Serve immediately and enjoy!
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ensalada De Nochebuena
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.9
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 44.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 21.7 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: