Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
You can leave out the beets and add kiwi if desired.
Make and share this Ensalada De Noche Buena - Christmas Eve Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 fresh pineapple or 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 2 large oranges
- 2 medium bananas
- 1 large apple
- 3 medium beets, cooked, peeled, and sliced or 1 (16 ounce) cansliced beets, drained
- 1 jicama, peeled and sliced (optional)
- 1 stick sugar cane, peeled and chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts
- pomegranate seeds
- Remove crown of fresh pineapple.
- Peel pineapple and remove eyes; quarter and remove core.
- Cut pineapple into chunks. (Or drain canned pineapple.).
- Peel oranges; section over a bowl to catch juice.
- Peel and slice bananas.
- Core and slice apple.
- Toss apple and banana with orange sections and orange juice.
- Drain fruits; arrange with pineapple chunks, sliced beets, jicama and sugar cane on large lettuce lined platter.
- Sprinkle with peanuts and pomegranante seeds.
- Thin mayonnaise or salad dressing with a little milk to make drizzling consistency. Pass with salad.