Recipe by Tarynne
A beautiful festive salad. Perfect salad to serve at holiday gatherings. Adapted from a recipe I found many years ago. I don't add the coconut but the original recipe did. I use the canned fruits for ease when making this to take to a potlucks, however fresh fruits and beets can be used. Dressing can be made earlier in day also.
Top Review by Mulligan
I made this last night (Christmas Eve) and it was SOOO good! We only had the two of us, so it was plenty for today as well. This is so unusual, but very good! No changes tot ehrecipe. I mase it "as is" but I didn't have the optional coconut or pomegranate. I love it just the same.
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 44.37 ml orange juice
- 29.58 ml red wine vinegar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 head romaine lettuce, wash dried & torn into small pieces
- 453.59 g canjulienned beets, drained
- 2 apples, peeled and diced
- 453.59 g can mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 453.59 g can pineapple chunks, drained
- 118.29 ml peanuts
- 59.14-118.29 ml shaved fresh coconut (optional)
- 118.29 ml pomegranate seeds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Instructions: In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, orange juice, vinegar, salt and cilantro.
- Set aside.
- Place lettuce into salad bowl, top with beets and fruit.
- Add dressing and toss lightly to mix.
- Top with peanuts, coconut and/or pomegranite seeds.