1/1 Photo of Ensalada De Noche Buena (Christmas Eve Salad)
A beautiful festive salad. Perfect salad to serve at holiday gatherings. Adapted from a recipe I found many years ago. I don't add the coconut but the original recipe did. I use the canned fruits for ease when making this to take to a potlucks, however fresh fruits and beets can be used. Dressing can be made earlier in day also.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 44.37 ml orange juice
- 29.58 ml red wine vinegar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 head romaine lettuce, wash dried & torn into small pieces
- 453.59 g can julienned beets, drained
- 2 apples, peeled and diced
- 453.59 g can mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 453.59 g can pineapple chunks, drained
- 118.29 ml peanuts
- 59.14-118.29 ml shaved fresh coconut (optional)
- 118.29 ml pomegranate seeds (optional)
- 1Instructions: In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, orange juice, vinegar, salt and cilantro.
- 2Set aside.
- 3Place lettuce into salad bowl, top with beets and fruit.
- 4Add dressing and toss lightly to mix.
- 5Top with peanuts, coconut and/or pomegranite seeds.
Browse Our Top Oranges Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Oranges Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ensalada De Noche Buena (Christmas Eve Salad)
Serving Size: 1 (363 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 267.0
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 345.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 28.8 g
- Protein 5.4 g