- 1⁄2 fresh pineapple (whole)
- 2 grapefruits
- 4 oranges
- 1 avocado
- 1 slice watermelon, cut into wedges
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- lettuce greens, washed and chilled
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup white tequila
- 1⁄2 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients for the dressing.
- Shake in a jar and chill.
- Using just the meat of the pineaple, cut into 1" cubes.
- Peel the grapefruits, oranges and avocado. Cut into 1" cubes (the avocado should be 1/2").
- Toss together with the dressing.
- Place the lettuce greens fanned out on a plate.
- Place fruit mixture on greens, top with sliced almonds and garnish with water melon wedges.
- Serve chilled on a chilled plate.
- WINE: TORRES GRAN VINA SOL '77.