Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This cauliflower salad becomes a conversation piece when you take it to a covered dish event. I assemble the avacado mixture, adding the avacado itself when we arrive and that works out fine.
- 1 head cauliflower, cleaned and trimmed, left whole
- 2 large ripe avocados, mashed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 small onion, minced
- 2 canned whole green chilies, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 small head lettuce, shredded
- parmesan cheese, grated
- pimiento (for garnish)
- Cook whole cauliflower in boiling salted water to cover until done but still firm. Refresh in cold water, drain thoroughly and chill.
- Remove seeds from the chiles. Mix together avocados, lemon juice, onion, chiles, salt and pepper.
- To assemble: place shredded lettuce on a serving platter. Place whole cauliflower in center and cover with avocado mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, Decorate with strips of pimiento.