Recipe by Acerast
Here's recipe from a booklet called "An Adventure in International Cooking" that my Mom helped compile for 4-H in Madison County (New York) back in the early 1970s. It was submitted by Awilda Heredia.
- 4 lbs potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups cooked shrimp
- 2 ounces pimientos, drained
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple
- 16 ounces sweet peas, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- salt, to taste
- 13 green olives, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and cut potatoes in cubes.
- In a large kettle, cover potatoes with water, add the salt and bring the potatoes to a boil.
- Cook until potatoes are tender; drain and cool.
- Chop shrimp and pimentos into small pieces.
- In a large salad bowl, combine cooled potatoes, shrimp, pimentos, crushed pineapple, peas, mayonnaise, and salt (to taste).
- Garnish with olives in the form of a clock (with one at each hour and one in the middle).
- Chill before serving.