Not sure where I got this recipe, but it sounds good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups raw quinoa
- 2 quarts water
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 2 fresh aji chilies, stems and seeds removed, chopped finely
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large tomato, seeds removed, cubed
- 8 green onions, white only, sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh Italian parsley, minced
- 1/3 cup mint, fresh minced
- salt and black pepper
- 2 heads bibb lettuce, shredded
- 1Rinse the quinoa under cold running water until the water runs clear.
- 2Combine the quinoa with the water, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, or until all the grains are translucent.
- 3Drain, transfer the quinoa to a bowl and chill.
- 4Whisk together the lime juice, the chiles, and the olive oil and set aside.
- 5Combine the quinoa, cucumbers, tomato, green onions, parsley, and mint and mix gently.
- 6Pour the lime juice mixture over the top and toss again.
- 7Add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- 8To serve the salad, place a mound of shredded Bibb lettuce on 6 or 8 individual plates and garnish with any or all of the suggested garnishes.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ensalada Con Quinoa De Peru
Serving Size: 1 (555 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 561.3
- Calories from Fat 300
- Total Fat 33.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 93.2 mg
- Sodium 228.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 15.0 g