Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Not sure where I got this recipe, but it sounds good.
- 2 cups raw quinoa
- 2 quarts water
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 2 fresh aji chilies, stems and seeds removed, chopped finely
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large tomatoes, seeds removed, cubed
- 8 green onions, white only, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup fresh Italian parsley, minced
- 1⁄3 cup mint, fresh minced
- salt and black pepper
- 2 heads bibb lettuce, shredded
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, sliced thinly
- 2 fresh ears of corn, cooked, cut into 2-inch rounds
- 1 cup black olives, thickly sliced
- Rinse the quinoa under cold running water until the water runs clear.
- Combine the quinoa with the water, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, or until all the grains are translucent.
- Drain, transfer the quinoa to a bowl and chill.
- Whisk together the lime juice, the chiles, and the olive oil and set aside.
- Combine the quinoa, cucumbers, tomato, green onions, parsley, and mint and mix gently.
- Pour the lime juice mixture over the top and toss again.
- Add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- To serve the salad, place a mound of shredded Bibb lettuce on 6 or 8 individual plates and garnish with any or all of the suggested garnishes.