Recipe by VickyJ
This easy recipe was on the back of a polenta bag. It seemed easy, and I loved that it was baked in the oven and not something I had to check constantly. I had this with regular, hot stewed tomatoes that I served along side. What a hearty meal! This would be a great side to almost any meat or vegetable dish. The recipe didn't call for garlic, but I added some garlic powder to mine. Oh, so tasty!
Top Review by centrum72
This recipe has been my family's favorite since 1492 when we first discovered America. This is a set it and forget it recipe. Easy. Excellent result. Make this and you can claim Italian citizenship as long as you don't smile too much.
- 1 cup polenta
- 3 1⁄4 cups lukewarm water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 -2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional) or 2 minced garlic cloves (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place ingredients in buttered 8-inch square pan.
- Stir with fork until blended.
- Bake uncovered for 50 minutes.
- Run fork through it and bake 10 more minutes.
- Serve with butter and Parmesan cheese, or with your favorite tomato, meal or vegetable sauce.