Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My love affair with Enoki started when I got some on special at the local store. I had to use it so I used the standard saute a bit in butter and went to heaven. I could tell you what I said but its words you use to not be able to say on TV coupled with ......... this is good. So I did a bit of surfing for recipes. From the Mushroom Council.
- 1 lb spinach
- 4 ounces slivered almonds, toasted
- 15 ounces mandarin orange segments
- 3 1⁄2 ounces enoki mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil, plus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- salt or Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- fresh ground melange pepper
- Tear the spinach into bite size. Place in salad bowl and add the almonds, oranges and toss a bit.
- Wipe the mushrooms with a damp cloth and then cut off ends where stems start to separate.
- Spread over top of salad.
- Dressing: Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, mustard, chives and sugar. Season with salt/Mrs. Dash and pepper. Pour over salad and serve.