Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
I remember have these a few times in my favourite Mexican place in Chicago. It is dish from Puebla. I love mix of flavours, salty with sweet. I think will make them myself the next time I do tortillas now I found recipe for them. :) I found it here: http://nibblesandfeasts.com/2011/05/nestle-kitchens-enmoladas-de-la/
- 1 cup water
- 1 (4 ounce) packet sofrito seasoning, paste (tomato, garlic, onion)
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, from a can seeded if desired
- 2 tablespoons canned adobo sauce from the chipotle chiles
- 1 tablespoon chicken flavor instant bouillon
- 90 g abulita chocolate
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 large corn tortillas
- 2 cups crumbled panela cheese
- toasted sesame seeds
- chopped onion
- chopped fresh cilantro
- Put water, sofrito, chipotle chiles, adobo sauce and bouillon in blender; cover. Blend until smooth.
- Put mixture in large saucepan. Add Abuelita chocolate.
- Cook, stirring frequently, over medium-low heat for 5 minutes or until chocolate has dissolved completely and sauce has thickened. Set aside; keep warm.
- Heat oil in large skillet. Fry tortillas one at a time for 2 to 3 seconds to soften. Drain tortillas on paper towels. Dip tortillas in Abuelita mixture.
- Fill dipped tortillas evenly with cheese; roll and place in serving dish.
- Pour remaining Abuelita sauce over tortillas. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and top with onion and cilantro; serve immediately.