Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from Prevention Magazine. When I took the leftovers to work the next day everyone in the luchroom was raving about the beautiful aroma and many asked for the recipe. I used frozen shrimp ring. It's low-fat so it great for any diet. I have Celiac and used rice flour for the all-purpose flour..worked great.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated low-fat milk
- 1 pinch ground red pepper
- 1 cup chopped cooked spinach
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 -8 scallions, white and light green parts only,minced
- 3⁄4 lb bay scallop
- 3⁄4 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry (optional)
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup peeled seeded and diced tomato (fresh or canned, drained)
- In a small saucepan, combine flour with just enough of the milk to whisk into a thick smooth paste.
- Gradually add evaporated milk and the remiaing milk, whisking constantly until blened and smooth.
- Stir in red pepper and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickend, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add spinach and season with 1/4 teaspoons of salt and white pepper.
- Stir to blend.
- Set aside.
- Melt butter over medium-high heat in large nonstick skillet.
- Add scallions, scallops and shripmp and season with the remaining 1/4 teaspoons of salt (if using).
- Cook 2 minutes or until shrimp begin to turn pink.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the sherry (if using), cook about 30 seconds and then stir in spinach cream sauce, corn and tomatoes.
- Simmer 2 minutes to finish cooking scallops and shrimp.
- Remove from heat, stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon of sherry (if using) and serve immediately.
- Ladle into big soup bowl or serve over pasta or rice.