Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I'm a chocoholic, so when Prevention published 6 new chocolate recipes that won't derail my diet, I was thrilled! These brownies are more cake-like than chewy but they are fabulous!
- 1⁄2 cup cake flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 2 large egg whites
- 3⁄4 cup artificial sweetener
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° and coat an 8x8-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg beaters and egg whites until frothy. Whisk in Spenda, applesauce and vanilla until smooth.
- Gradually fold in the flour mixture until just blended.
- Pour into greased pan; sprinkle with nuts if desired.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs.
- Cool on rack and then cut into 12 squares.