Recipe by Mary Jenny
There's nothing quite like the comforting feeling that a warm drink provides on a cold, winter night. Whether you're relaxing at home with family or socializing with friends, this spiced Mexican coffee recipe is just the thing to bring everyone together. Lightly sweetened with naturally-sourced stevia, this holiday treat has only 26 calories per serving which means you don't have to feel guilty about having another cup.
- 4 cups water
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- 2 vanilla beans, split
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄3 cup finely ground italian roast coffee
- 6 teaspoons artificial sweetener (Pure Via)
- 3⁄4 cup 1% low-fat milk, steamed
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Combine water, cinnamon sticks, vanilla beans and honey in 3-quart (3 L) saucepan. Heat on medium heat to boiling, stirring frequently.
- 2. Stir in coffee and Pure Via sweetener. Remove from heat. Let steep 5 minutes.
- 3. Strain coffee into six small mugs. Discard cinnamon and vanilla. Top evenly with steamed milk and serve.