Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I've used the box mix for years but really longed for a more moist muffin (but not as wet as spoon bread). Last night I added in some sour cream and some honey to the box mix, and then just threw in fresh corn kernels from a lone leftover ear and leftover chipotle pepper I had from a previous recipe -- and it came out moist and sweet and tasty! You can add your own "enhancements", like diced red bell pepper or bacon, etc.
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) box Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 egg (per box instructions)
- 1⁄3 cup milk (per box instructions)
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup sour cream (or plain yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon honey (more or less to taste)
- 1 tablespoon chipotle pepper, de-seeded and chopped
- 2⁄3 cup corn kernel
- Mix all ingredients well. Use either cupcake paper cups or a greased muffin pan. Bake according to box instructions, erring on the short side of baking time in order to control how moist you want the muffins.
I've always thought the plain Jiffy muffins were a little dry. I tried this recipe tonight (without the pepper) and the muffins were awesome! Thank you, Gina!
This was amazing, I skipped the pepper and honey.....but add a teaspoon sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. It was so moist and tasted like I made it from scratch. Thank You!
Excellent recipe with great flavor. I substituted 1tsp of chipotle pepper seasoning as I didn't have the actual peppers. Super simple and delicious