Recipe by Trinkets
Very nice on a warm summer day! Serve as an appetizer with a chilled white wine or a spakling wine. This was featured in British Homes and Gardens.
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) container soft cream cheese
- 2 ounces sour cream or 2 ounces creme fraiche
- 1 (4 ounce) container pineapple tidbits, drained and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, chopped and toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Set aside 3 orange segments for garnish. Chop remaining oranges; set aside.
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, coconut, and almonds in a medium bowl; stir until blended.
- Fold in chopped orange and pineapple.
- Arrange reserved orange segments on top. Cover and chill.
- Serve with sweet biscuits, Carr's whole wheat crackers, or ginger snaps.