Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
You'll impress guests with this lovely dessert layered with angel food cake, fruit, pudding and fat-free whipped topping. It's so creamy and refreshing that no one will know it's "light." Time doesn't include time for chilling.
- 1⁄3 ounce sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 angel food cake, cut into 1-inch cubes (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1 cup strawberry, mashed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 8 ounces unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 cup sliced firm banana
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 cups cold nonfat milk
- 1 ounce sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 8 ounces frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 fresh strawberry
- In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cold water. Pour half of gelatin mixture into a small bowl; cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until slightly thickened. Let remaining gelatin stand at room temperature.
- Place half of cake cubes in a 3-qt. trifle bowl. In a small bowl, combine mashed strawberries and sugar; spoon half over cake.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice. Cut pineapple chunks in half; arrange half over mashed strawberries. Toss banana slices with reserved pineapple juice; arrange half of slices over pineapple. Top with 1 cup sliced strawberries. Spoon refrigerated gelatin over fruit. Refrigerate trifle and remaining gelatin mixture for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Spread half of pudding over trifle. Repeat all layers. Top with whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate. Just before serving, sprinkle with almonds; garnish with the strawberry.