Recipe by Ranikabani
We had 2 British sisters living next door to us and one day when we had a barbeque, they brought this delicious dessert! It was a hit and I had to get the recipe from them. Of course, there was no recipe written down and they just told me how to do it. So, here it is for you to try!
- 1 package Jello gelatin, flavour of your choice (I use strawberry, raspberry or orange...and corresponding fruit)
- fruit, you can use any combination of your fav fruits
- 1 package custard mix
- whipped cream
- 1 lb cake
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the pound cake and line a greased bowl with it (bottom and sides).
- I leave about 2 inches from the edge of the bowl to add a layer of sliced strawberries, or orange rounds to decorate.
- Put fruits on top, leaving a few to garnish the top.
- In another bowl, mix the jello with 1 cup of hot water and one cup of cold water and pour over fruit and cake.
- Put in fridge.
- WHEN SET, mix the custard on the stove and pour over the layer of jello.
- Then put whipped cream over that and garnish with remaining fruit.
- Sometimes I put the cake decorating silver edible balls on it too.