Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Simple easy, quick dessert. Make your own sponge cake or buy one. Some people use Crumbled Ladies fingers, or macaroons. The out come is up to your imagination. Delicious. You can also use other liquor or artificial flavor but good Spanish sherry is best
- 2 cups sponge cakes, crumpled
- 1⁄2 pint cream, whipped
- 2 cups cooked custard
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1 cup fresh fruit preserves (, good freezer jam works well, I like strawberry)
- In a glass bowl put a 3/4" of crumbled sponge cake.
- Sprinkle with some sherry.
- Add a 1/2- 3/4'' layerof custard.
- Then a layer of jam.
- Then a layer of whipped cream.
- Repeat layers ending with whipped cream.
- Decorate with some cherries or dots of the jam.
- Chill& Serve.
I used whole lady fingers for this and spread the jam over the top. I have also used just a plain yellow cake when I couldn't get lady fingers in Alaska. I grew up on trifle (my mother is English), and my family just loves it!