Recipe by Bergy
Simple easy, quick dessert. Make your own sponge cake or buy one. Some people use Crumbled Ladies fingers, or macaroons. The out come is up to your imagination. Delicious. You can also use other liquor or artificial flavor but good Spanish sherry is best
Top Review by Chris Reynolds
I used whole lady fingers for this and spread the jam over the top. I have also used just a plain yellow cake when I couldn't get lady fingers in Alaska. I grew up on trifle (my mother is English), and my family just loves it!
- 2 cups sponge cakes, crumpled
- 1⁄2 pint cream, whipped
- 2 cups cooked custard
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1 cup fresh fruit preserves (, good freezer jam works well, I like strawberry)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a glass bowl put a 3/4" of crumbled sponge cake.
- Sprinkle with some sherry.
- Add a 1/2- 3/4'' layerof custard.
- Then a layer of jam.
- Then a layer of whipped cream.
- Repeat layers ending with whipped cream.
- Decorate with some cherries or dots of the jam.
- Chill& Serve.