1/1 Photo of English Toffee Squares
1 hr 15 mins
Posted for ZWT6 - Great Britain Region. I was reading about Christmas traditions in various countries and the website stated how popular English Toffee Squares were during the holidays in Great Britain. These sound so easy to prepare.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 275°F In large bowl with an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until creamy.
- 2Separate egg, then beat yolk into butter mixture; cover and reserve the egg white.
- 3In another bowl, stir together flour and cinnamon; add to butter mixture.
- 4With your hands, spread dough evenly over bottom of a greased 10 by 15-inch rimmed baking pan.
- 5Beat egg white lightly, then brush over dough to cover evenly.
- 6Sprinkle pecans over top; press in lightly.
- 7Bake for 1 hour or until firm when lightly touched. While still hot, cut into 1/2-inch squares. Let cool in pan on a rack. Store in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for English Toffee Squares
Serving Size: 1 (34 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.6
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 28.0 mg
- Sodium 70.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 1.8 g