Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
I've made this dream twice and can't wait for the excuse to make it a third time!! Even after having a piece in the freezer for two months, it was still delicious!
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup toasted almond, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup toffee pieces (I like Skor)
- 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temp
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 8 ounces chocolate-covered english toffee bars, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (Skor)
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- extra crushed chocolate-covered english toffee bar, for sprinkling
- For Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine first five ingredients in med bowl.
- Add butter and stir until moist clumps form.
- Press into bottom and 1 inch up sides of 10 inch springform pan.
- Bake 5 mins, or until set.
- Set aside.
- Reduce oven temp to 325 degrees F.
- For Filling: Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl until blended.
- Beat in one egg at a time, until blended.
- Beat in both extracts.
- Pour half of mixture into prepared crust.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 inch toffee pieces.
- Top with remainder of cream cheese mixture.
- Bake until edges are puffed but center is barely set- approx 55 minutes.
- Topping: Mix sour cream, sugar and vanilla in medium bowl until smooth.
- Pour topping over hot cheesecake and bake another 5 minutes, until just set.
- Transfer to cooling rack for 10 minutes.
- Run knife around edges.
- Chill overnight.
- Remove pan sides and place on serving platter.
- Sprinkle with extra crushed toffee.
Tasted much better the 2-3 day.
Absolutely delicious. I used light brown sugar and it was great. It looked like I bought it at a bakery.
Made this for husband's birthday. Cheesecake is my least favorite food ever, so comments are from husband and kids. I had to leave this in the oven much longer than the recipe called for, and the top got pretty brown and cracked. Even then, the middle was still a bit underdone. Next time I will reduce oven temp and bake slower for a longer time. All said the taste was very good and this was better a day after I baked it and when it was very chilled. Will make again with changes. Thanks.