Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
Everyone loves it!!
- 453.59 g butter
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 29.57 ml water
- 340.19 g semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 473.18 ml crushed walnuts or 473.18 ml pecans
- Heat Butter, Sugar and water in a 3 quart sauce-pan to a rolling boil.
- When mix reaches 305 degrees pour onto a greased large cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle chocolate Chips over the candy.
- As chocolate melts spread with a butter knife.
- Spread nuts evenly over the pan, shaking lightly until all nuts stick.
- Cool until hard.
- Break into pieces.
One of my favorite Christmas Candy to make...it takes patience to get to 300 degree temp but worth the wait!
This was super yummy. I couldn't stop eating it. I did have a hard time getting it to 305 degrees without burning it. The first batch I burned. I was careful the 2nd time and kept the heat much lower, but it still started to burn at the end. Very yummy though. Everyone loved it.
Took this into work, and by noon it was all gone! Easy to make too.