Prep 3 hrs
Cook 30 mins
Yum, what a cake! 8)
- 1 (18 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 6 Skor candy bars, chopped into very small pieces
- 1⁄3 cup Kahlua
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Bake cake as directed, in 2 9-inch layer pans. Cool completely, then slice cakes in half so you have 4 rounds.
- Pour Kahlúa into a glass measuring cup; sprinkle with gelatin.
- Let soak 5 minutes, then heat in microwave for 20 seconds, or until warm to the touch so gelatin will dissolve when stirred.
- Beat whipping cream; gradually add sugar until soft peaks form.
- Fold in the dissolved gelatin mixture.
- Lay cake rounds on counter. Evenly divide whipped cream on each cake, leaving sides bare.
- Sprinkle each layer with chopped bars.
- Stack cakes. Refrigerate at least 2 hours uncovered, to allow gelatin to set.