Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great for nibbling or for recipes! I use this recipe in my Murder in Montana desert. Chocolate is optional. Personally I don't add it, as we enjoy it better plain. I got this from my Gram when over 10 years ago and have it and use it off of the napkin I wrote it on! Ive tried it using all margerine and all butter but the best results come from a stick of each.
- Prepare a 13x9x2 pan or jelly roll pan (it must have sides on it - don't use a cookie sheet!) by buttering lightly.
- Stir together all ingredients except chocolate chips in a heavy pan over medium heat, stirring frequently till mixture reaches 290, and just begins to turn brown.
- Using a spatula quickly pour candy onto prepared pan, tilting pan to spread out.
- Cool Completely. Break in pieces with heavy end of butter knife till desired size.
- If desired melt chocolate chips and spread on top with spatula before breaking in pieces.