Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
I found this recipe in THe Pilsbury Family Christmas Cookbook. This has quickly become a family favorite. It doesn't have eggs in the dough like most cookie recipes, so if you or a loved one likes to eat the dough, it's safe. We always put these on our Christmas cookie baking list. They're easy to make and sinfully delicious.
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 cups all-purpose flour or 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 (3/4 ounce) chocolate coated english chocolate-covered english toffee bars, crushed (I use about 1/3 of a package of the skor bar pieces, found by the chocolate chips in the grocery sto)
- powdered sugar (for coating the cookies after baking)
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat powdered sugar, margarine and pudding mix until light and fluffy.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
- Add flour, milk, vanilla, and crushed toffee bars, mix well.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 325 for 13-18 minutes or until edges are a light golden brown.
- Remove from cookie sheets; cool completely.
- Dip top of each cookie into powdered sugar.
Yummy! Very easy to make. I probably made the balls a bit bigger than 1 inch; I came out with almost 3 dozen vs 6 dozen. I did melt Nestle chocolate chips stovetop and dipped half of an almost-cooled-baked ball into the chocolate then cooled and served. Everyone loved these; I am going to add this recipe to my holiday baking collection. Thanks for another great recipe!
I made these using a one inch cookie scoop, which turned out to be the perfect size for these tasty nuggets! I wish that I would have added the whole bag of toffee pieces (heath bar)because I used a little over 1/2 the bag and it was sufficient, but I thought the full bag would have been even better!!! I also dipped 1/2 of each cookie in some melted chocolate. These were very easy to make and looked so elegant on the cookie tray!! Thanks! Everyone commented on how good they were. Definitely will be on my holiday cookie tray forever!!!
Easy to make and uses ingredients I always have on hand. I added a bit more Toffee than the recipe stated, just a personal taste. This made about 6 dozen small cookies and I baked mine 14 minutes. The taste and texture were excellent. I dipped them in powdered sugar, but I imagine they would also be delicious dipped in melted chocolate as suggested. Thanks for a wonderful recipe gbmom!