Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe in THe Pilsbury Family Christmas Cookbook. This has quickly become a family favorite. It doesn't have eggs in the dough like most cookie recipes, so if you or a loved one likes to eat the dough, it's safe. We always put these on our Christmas cookie baking list. They're easy to make and sinfully delicious.
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 cups all-purpose flour or 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 (3/4 ounce) chocolate coated english chocolate-covered english toffee bars, crushed (I use about 1/3 of a package of the skor bar pieces, found by the chocolate chips in the grocery sto)
- powdered sugar (for coating the cookies after baking)
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat powdered sugar, margarine and pudding mix until light and fluffy.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
- Add flour, milk, vanilla, and crushed toffee bars, mix well.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 325 for 13-18 minutes or until edges are a light golden brown.
- Remove from cookie sheets; cool completely.
- Dip top of each cookie into powdered sugar.