Recipe by Dreamgoddess
This is my adopted recipe, I haven't made it yet.
Top Review by Roxanne J.R.
I was surprised. This is the first toffee recipe I've made which actually turned out perfect for me. The difference in the this recipe from the others I've tried is vinegar and admittedly I was hesitant to try the recipe because of it. But you don't taste it in the end product at all. Wonderful recipe. Thanks.
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring until all dissolved, then boil without stirring until the mixture is dark golden.
- Test by spooning a few drops into a cup of cold water.
- The toffee is done when it hardens at once into a crisp ball.
- Take off heat and pour into a flat oiled pan to make a layer about 1/2 inch thick.
- When toffee is tepid, score into squares, and when cool break with a hammer and store in an airtight container.