Recipe by Jacquie*
The best! Now I don't need to buy it anymore. From Pat Forbess.
Top Review by Muffin Goddess
This stuff is dangerously addictive! I used sliced almonds instead of chopped (trying to make my way through an open package of them), and I used a bit less than 1/3 cup of them for the topping. Used a full 1/3 cup in the toffee part, though. I also didn't have the Hershey bars, so I used some Dove milk chocolate bars that were in the pantry. The Dove bars are a bit smaller than the Hershey bars, so I used 4 bars rather than 3. Super-good and really easy to make, too. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 2014
- 2⁄3 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup butter (salted)
- 1 cup light brown sugar (Use C & H)
- 3 milk chocolate candy bars (Hershey's 1.55 oz bars)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle 1/3 cup of chopped almonds over buttered 9" x 13" pan.
- Place butter in a heavy skillet, add sugar and mix throughly.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, STIRRING CONSTANTLY with a wooden spoon.
- Continue to stir until candy thermometer reaches 285 degrees F.
- Pour over almonds.
- Arrange chocolate pieces over the mixture.
- As chocolate melts, spread evenly over mixture and sprinkle with remaining 1/3 cup of almonds.
- Allow to cool completely and for chocolate to set, overnight.
- Use a dinner knife to break into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container.