1/2 Photos of English Toffee
The best! Now I don't need to buy it anymore. From Pat Forbess.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sprinkle 1/3 cup of chopped almonds over buttered 9" x 13" pan.
- 2Place butter in a heavy skillet, add sugar and mix throughly.
- 3Bring to a boil over medium heat, STIRRING CONSTANTLY with a wooden spoon.
- 4Continue to stir until candy thermometer reaches 285 degrees F.
- 5Pour over almonds.
- 6Arrange chocolate pieces over the mixture.
- 7As chocolate melts, spread evenly over mixture and sprinkle with remaining 1/3 cup of almonds.
- 8Allow to cool completely and for chocolate to set, overnight.
- 9Use a dinner knife to break into pieces.
- 10Store in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for English Toffee
Serving Size: 1 (13 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 50
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 74.3
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 10.3 mg
- Sodium 41.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 0.6 g