Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another great recipe from grandma's old recipe file! Enjoy!! (not sure on the exact cook time)
- 1 lb butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup white corn syrup
- 1 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1 large Hershey Bar, grated
- Butter a cookie sheet, grate hershey bar, chop nuts until fine.
- Cover cookie sheet with nuts, then grated chocolate and set aside.
- Combine butter, sugar, water, and syrup in heavy pan and bring to a boil.
- Cook to hard ball stage (280* F.).
- Pour on prepared cookie sheet and cover with remaining nuts and grated bar.
- Break into pieces when cold.
I love toffee and this is a great recipe. Easy to put together and even easier to eat!! Thanks for posting.
Yummy, easy, it makes a bunch.
This recipe is fantastic! It was incredibly easy to put together and had that light, pleasant crunch that is English toffee. I was put off by the amount of butter, but decided anything with that much butter in it had to be good. I grated an 8-oz. Hershey's bar and combined that with finely chopped walnuts to put on both sides of the candy. This one definitely goes into my Ts&T collection.