1/4 Photos of English Toffee
This toffee is super crispy and oh so buttery. For the topping you can use toasted almonds instead of walnuts or toffee pieces--whatever you like.
My Private Note
Batch o ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place a piece of foil that is big enough to cover a 9 X 13 jelly roll pan (like a cookie sheet with sides).
- 2Spray the foil with cooking spray.
- 3Sprinkle pecan pieces evenly on foil.
- 4Melt butter, sugar (both the two cups and 1 tablespoon of sugar), Karo syrup, and water in pan on stovetop.
- 5Bring the mixture to a boil.
- 6Turn to medium heat and stir continuously until a candy thermometer says between 290 and 300 degrees or caramel in color.
- 7Pour mixture over the pecans.
- 8Spread evenly over the pecans.
- 9Evenly distribute chocolate chips over toffee.
- 10Let the chocolate chips melt on toffee for 5 to 10 minutes.
- 11Use fork or spoon to spread melted chocolate chips over toffee.
- 12Sprinkle 1 cup chopped walnuts on top of chocolate mixture.
- 13Refrigerate until chocolate is firm.
- 14Break toffee into pieces.
- 15Store in an airtight container.
- 1630 minutes preparation and cooking time does not include the time it takes to cool and the chocolate to harden on top.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for English Toffee
Serving Size: 1 (1935 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 10974.0
- Calories from Fat 8169
- Total Fat 907.6 g
- Saturated Fat 348.9 g
- Cholesterol 976.1 mg
- Sodium 3307.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 792.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 78.2 g
- Sugars 684.1 g
- Protein 82.4 g