Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Mrs. Murray's Foods class, 2004
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate piece
- 1⁄4 cup nuts, chopped very fine
- Butter the sides of a heavy saucepan.
- Melt butter.
- Add sugar, water, and corn syrup.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently.
- Cuuk until 290°F (soft crack stage). Watch carefully after 280°F and remove from heat immediately at 290°F.
- Turn onto greased aluminum foil and spread out with wooden spoon. Wait for 2-3 minutes until surface is firm. Sprinkle with chocolate pieces. Spread chocolate when melted.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Chill until chocolate is firm and then break candy into pieces.