Recipe by Doglover61(aka Earnhardt)
I make this every year for Christmas & it disappears in a flash. So easy to make!! Enjoy!! Prep/servings approximate.
Top Review by COOKGIRl
I had to replace most of the chocolate with white chocolate so I wouldn't get sick. For the Hershey Bars I used one regular chocolate bar and the rest white chocolate bars. I was NOT going to have this sitting around the house so I took it to a party and everyone loved it. I toasted the pecans for richer flavor. This is very similar to my toffee recipe but mine has a crust. I like yours better, less work.
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 4 Hershey Bars
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook all ingredients except pecans& chocolate until mixture reaches a temperature of 300 degrees.
- Butter a cookie sheet& sprinkle with pecans.
- Pour cooked mixture over this& let cool.
- Melt chocolate bars and spread over cooled mixture.
- When chocolate is set, break into pieces.