Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
A student of mine made these. I don't know where she got the recipe. You can also freeze these for up to a month. Just reheat foil wrapped frozen scones for 20-25 minutes in a 300 oven.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, cut into pieces
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup dried currants or 1⁄2 cup snipped raisins
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- 2 -3 teaspoons sugar
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together flour, 2 tbsp sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in butter or margarine until mixture resembles course crumbs.
- Make a well in the center and add whipping cream, eggs and currants all at once.
- Stir until just moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Knead until dough is nearly smooth, about 10-12 strokes.
- Pat into an 8-inch square pan and cut into 16 squares.
- Place scones on an ungreased baking sheet, about 1 inch apart.
- Brush with milk and 2 tbsp sugar.
- Bake at 400 for 12-14 minutes or until golden.
- Serve warm.