Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I haven't tried this recipe yet but I hope to soon!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease muffin cups or use paper liners.
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a small bowl. Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl with a wooden spoon or electric mixer. Beat in egg. Add flour mixture to egg mixture about one third at a time, alternating with milk and ending with flour. Stir just until blended. Fold in raisins.
- Mix topping ingredients in a small bowl. Scoop batter into muffin cups and sprinkle with topping. Bake about 20 minutes or until springy to the touch in the center.
My family and I have been making these muffins for years from an excellent muffin cookbook. They're super easy to make, have a mild taste (we always omit the raisins), and are perfect for snacks. They also keep and travel well.
These were really nice. Sweet but light and tasty. Needed something quick for a rainy afternoon with guests coming. We had the leftovers for breakfast. I did add a bit of lemon juice to the batter, substituted margarine for the butter and used almonds for the pecans. A definite keeper.