Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A traditional British treat. All Englishmen have nostalgic memories of hot puddings, especially the Steamed Lemon Pudding, that nobody can make like Grandmother used to. Actually, if you follow the simple directions, your Lemon Pudding will taste just as delicious as Grandmother’s.
- Beat together the butter and sugar until light and creamy. Beat in eggs 1 at a time.
- Fold in flour, salt, baking powder, lemon rind and juice.
- Place in a buttered 4 cup bowl. Cover the bowl with aluminum foil.
- Place bowl in a steamer. Steam the pudding over boiling water on top of the stove for 1 1/4 hours.
- Heat preserves with the water.
- Unmold the pudding. Pour apricot sauce over the pudding and serve hot. 6 servings.
- World’s Best Recipes.