1/3 Photos of English Shortbread
I've been making this shortbread for years. It's easy and quick to make, with only three ingredients. when I serve it at gatherings, someone always requests the recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Mix the butter and sugar together until light and creamy.
- 3Gradually work in the flour (Mixture will be crumbly).
- 4Press mixture into a greased 9" x 13" pan.
- 5Prick all over with a fork (Dip fork in some flour before pricking shortbread).
- 6Sprinkle with a teaspoon of sugar (Optional).
- 7Put into oven for about 20 minutes, or until pale golden.
- 8When cool, cut into bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for English Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.6
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 45.7 mg
- Sodium 123.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 3.4 g