Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is great as a light lunch. Add salad and it's a great dinner. Posted for World Zaar Tour 05.
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 2 cups biscuit mix
- 2 medium sliced onions
- 3⁄4 cup tomato soup (condensed)
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons water
- Heat oven to 400.
- Form sausage meat into 6 patties.
- Simmer in frying pan with 2 tbsp water, keeping it covered.
- Remove the cover, and brown both sides of the patties.
- Put patties in casserole dish or 8x8x2 cakepan.
- Brown the onions in the sausage fat.
- Then put onions over sausage.
- Combine the tomato soup & 1 tbsp water.
- Pour the soup over the patties & onions.
- In a bowl,blend the biscuit mix and milk, creating a soft dough.
- Roll to fit the baking dish,and put over the layered sausage,onion,soup.
- Lightly brush the dough with milk.
- Bake 20 minutes or until done.
I enjoyed this very much.
I made this with excellent results and a very happy family. I did change the soup to mushroom as we all hate tomato soup. Yummy, comforting and so easy to make when you come home late. I paired this with sliced tomato's (fresh ones are good) and canned fruit coctail sprinkled with cinnamon. Dinner was ready in 30 mins and everyone was happy.