1/1 Photo of English Sausage Rolls
Donna Sowerby's Note:
This recipe is from my friend's mum-in-law. My husband, who is English, says they're brilliant! Use any sausage you like, either bulk or with the casing removed; I use the Pepperidge Farm puff pastry sheets.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 200C or 390°F.
- 2Mix the sausage with the onion; set aside.
- 3Separate the puff pastry sheets into three sections (along fold lines).
- 4Flour your hands, rolling pin, and workspace lightly to avoid sticking.
- 5One section at a time, roll the pastry thin, and set it lengthwise on floured workspace.
- 6Place the sausage/onion mixture (about a half-inch wide and a half-inch tall) along the middle of the pastry sheet.
- 7Brush the top and bottom edges of the pastry sheet with egg; bring them together at the top of the sausage and seal them.
- 8Brush the entire top of the roll with egg.
- 9Cut the roll into one-inch sections.
- 10Cut two small vent slits on top of each section.
- 11Place sections on ungreased baking sheet and bake until the pastry is golden brown (mine typically take 10 to 15 minutes).
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for English Sausage Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 486.5
- Calories from Fat 339
- Total Fat 37.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 61.4 mg
- Sodium 796.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 12.9 g